In this tutorial you will learn how to collect an earned badge and add it to your e-portfolio. Your digital badges will be distributed through ClassBadges, a “free online tool where teachers can award badges to students for accomplishments or academic mastery.” These badges can be added to your resume, e-portfolio, or professional social media account. Follow these instructions to collect your badges.
I. Collect and Download Your Digital Badge
1. Upon earning an achievement badge, you will receive an email with instructions on how to collect your badge. Login to the ClassBadges web site using your assigned username and password.
2. Once logged in, click on the green Share Badge button and select Download.
3. Click the Save File checkbox and click OK.
4. A PDF file will be generated with the badge image, description and criteria. Save the PDF in on your computer hard drive.
II. Convert the PDF file to JPEG
1. Convert the PDF into a JPG or JPEG image. On an Apple computer you can do this very easily using Preview. Open the PDF in Preview.
Note: If you are using a PC, you would follow a similar steps as those shown below. Click here for additional assistance.
2. From the pop-up window, select JPEG and click Save.
Now, you are ready to add your digital badges to your portfolio, resumes, and professional media sites.